Tuesday 31 March 2020
Marketing & Publishing Intern
PENTATONE is an international classical music record label working with excellent artists, releasing its albums world-wide on CD, Vinyl, as well digitally on all leading platforms (such as
Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon music, Tidal, Primephonic). The label continues to push boundaries to release recordings of high quality and artistry, acknowledged by the fact that PENTATONE has won both the Gramophone (2019) and ICMA (2020) ‘Label of the Year’ awards. Pentatone releases 2-4 albums per month.
The office is located in Baarn, close to Amsterdam and Utrecht. We are currently working with a group of 15 highly motivated colleagues with different expertise, background and various nationalities. Never a dull moment guaranteed!
This role of marketing & publishing intern will be two-fold. In the first instance you will support the marketing and sales team with their daily operations. You will help develop marketing campaigns, collecting press reviews, support social media activities, online communication (newsletter, website) and create and maintain digital campaigns. You will help in planning and organising events such as after concert sales and will work on continuous improvements of our overall online presence. Next to that you will also play a daily role in the office in terms of PR, i.e. sending promo copies to journalists will be part of daily business.
You will play an important and unique role in helping PENTATONE build out their internal sync and licensing strategy. We expect you to help develop our publishing strategy such as researching potential sync partners, identifying key tracks in the catalogue which are suitable for syncing as well as building out an online sync library and metadata spreadsheets for all sync playlist categories.
At the end of the internship, we hereby guarantee that you will have a non-sugarcoated and excellent insight into what working at a premium record label entails (from concept phase to album promotion, to sales campaigns and analysis, to understanding the value of reviews by various audiences within the music industry, to name a few insights).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-responsible, enthusiastic person, able to take initiative and work independently
- Social media savvy and with strong online research skills
- Good general communication skills, editorial knowledge and excellent English
- Educational background in media and entertainment/ music business & management/ film studies
- Affinity with music & culture
- Microsoft Excel analytics know-how is a nice to have
- Graphical know-how is (Photoshop) a nice to have
- The intern must be eligible to work in the Netherlands and studying at a Dutch school or university or a similar European equivalent.
- A unique and non-sugarcoated insight into the recording industry
- A young and motivated team
- A good internship compensation (€240 - €320/month)
- Additional commuting support
- Drinks & lunch
- As being part of the PENTATONE TEAM you will attend concerts (for free)
- Meet & greet the artists we represent after the concerts
The internship will last between 5 -6 months (24- 32 hours per week). Applications for the period from April 2020 onwards are welcome.
Please send your CV and your motivation letter to: