Wednesday 1 May 2019
Looking for a Marketing & PR intern
PENTATONE is a leading classical music record label with outstanding artists, specializing in high quality recordings. The office is located in Baarn, close to Amsterdam and Utrecht. We are currently working with a group of 15 highly motivated colleagues.
PENTATONE believes in the power of classical music and is invested in the philosophy behind it: we are convinced that refined music is one of the most important wellsprings of culture and essential to human development. We hold the acoustic tastes and musical preferences of our artists in high regard, and these play a central role from the start to the end of every recording project. This ranges from repertoire selection and recording technology to choosing cover art and other visual assets for the booklet.
PENTATONE stands for premium quality. The musical interpretations delivered by our artists reach new standards in our recordings. Recorded with the most powerful and nuanced audio technologies, they are presented to you in the most luxurious, elegant products.
The intern will support the work of the communications team. He or she will help develop marketing campaigns, collecting press reviews, support social media activities, online communication (newsletter, website) and create and maintain digital campaigns. The intern will also help in planning and organizing events such as after concert sales and improve our overall online presence. The intern will also support the daily office management in the field of PR, for instance sending promo copies to journalists will be part of daily business. At the end of the internship, the intern will gain excellent insights on the work of a record label from A to Z, from the concept of an album, through its promotion, until its audience reactions and critics.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-responsible, enthusiastic person
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Good general communication skills, editorial knowledge and excellent English
- Educational background in communication / marketing / PR/ classical music/ music management
- Affinity with classical music & culture
- Graphical know-how is very welcome (InDesign, Photoshop)
- The intern must be a current active student and be a citizen of the EU.
- Unique insights into the recording industry
- A young and motivated team
- A good internship compensation
- Additional commuting support
- Drinks & lunch
- Free concert attendance
The internship takes 4 to 6 months with 24 to 32 hours per week. Applications for the period from August 2019 onwards are welcome.
Please send your application and your motivation letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Head of Marketing, PR and Sales)